PADI Open Water Diver
If you’ve always wondered what lies beneath the surface, now’s the time to find out. Start the journey of a lifetime with the PADI Open Water Diver course. It will change you forever.
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, your PADI Instructor takes you through the basics of learning how to scuba dive. You start in a pool or pool-like conditions and progress to the open water (ocean, lake, quarry, etc.) getting the background knowledge along the way.
Earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification is just the beginning. As a certified diver, fabulous dive destinations, exciting people, unparalleled adventure and uncommon tranquility await you. And, as you continue your adventure and gain experience through higher training levels, your opportunities expand.
- Number of Dives: Five Confined Water Dives and Four Open Water Dives
- Knowledge Development: Five sessions
- Minimum age of 10
- Prerequisites: 10 for Junior Open Water Diver and 15 for Open Water Diver. Good health, reasonable fitness and comfort in the water.
- Materials You’ll Need: PADI Open Water Crew-Pak, PADI Open Water Video or DVD, Log Book.
- Equipment you’ll use during the course includes: mask, fins, snorkel, cyclinder, regulator, buoyancy compensator, submersible pressure gauge and exposure protection as required by the local environment